Laptop not starting after keyboard replacement V3 771 G1

MartinBlake
MartinBlake Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello.
I've had my trusty V3 771 G1 for years now, but the built-in keyboard died years ago.
I ordered a replacement and looked up a video on how to replace it. So I did everything step-by-step (I'm sure that I properly connected everything) but unfortunately, after the reassembly when I press the Power Button it flashes for a second and I hear that CD-Rom clicks before the light goes back out.
I even tried putting the old keyboard back in but the result is the same...
Some years back I tried the same but then after I put back the original (broken) keyboard my laptop came back to life.

So here I am with 2 replacement keyboards and a laptop that refuses to turn back on. Any ideas?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,444 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Hello.
    I've had my trusty V3 771 G1 for years now, but the built-in keyboard died years ago.
    I ordered a replacement and looked up a video on how to replace it. So I did everything step-by-step (I'm sure that I properly connected everything) but unfortunately, after the reassembly when I press the Power Button it flashes for a second and I hear that CD-Rom clicks before the light goes back out.
    I even tried putting the old keyboard back in but the result is the same...
    Some years back I tried the same but then after I put back the original (broken) keyboard my laptop came back to life.

So here I am with 2 replacement keyboards and a laptop that refuses to turn back on. Any ideas?

Firstly, I've got a V3-571G and I've changed the keyboard on this model (which is the same as your V3-771G but yours is the 17" version model) and its a pain to change the keyboard on these laptops but, you have to make sure that you have connected all the screws and cables (there should be two, one for the power and one for the keyboard) back after you replace the keyboard and especially make sure that the power switch/button and cable (which is giving you this problem) its cable connectors are properly connected and not lose, this is all on the underneath of the top case panel and this switch also has a cable that connects to the mobo. Make sure that all this is connected properly to the switch and the mobo and any of these components are not faulty.

Especially make sure, that the cable switch/button connectors are all connected properly to the cable underneath the top cover panel (see caption below under the black tape cover) as any slight or wrongly connected part will cause your problem(s) and/or if any of these components are faulty then you will get the problems that you are getting.

Also, it could be that your switch/button is faulty or it could be that the cable is faulty? If it is then, replace the switch or cable (if you can buy just the switch only?) as you can buy the cable only. With the switch and if you cant buy it then, you will have to get the whole top cover with the switch (this is also, if you can get that too?) good luck as there is definitely something wrong with either your power switch/button, cable or your connections and not your new keyboard(s). 

Underneath of power switch/button and cable and keyboard cable for a v3-571G