Tired of all problems (Predator PH315-52)

7ama
7ama Member Posts: 67 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Acer Predator Helios  PH315-52 2019, 250GB SSD , 1660Ti version 
I have been getting dxgkrnl fatal error and driver power state failure bluescreen since the day I bought it and I literally tried everything (resetting, formatting, installing fresh drives from Acer, using third part (useless and fake applications) to fix the problem but unfortunately I haven't reached anywhere. so one week ago I decided to shut the Dedicated graphics card up and disabled it and thanks god it's now a lot better (for as far as I have my final exams cause I'm probably going to turn it back on again but yeah. my question is does Acer ever care and take these reviews to account and try to fix them or at least try to refund me ?🤔.

Answers

• NateIsTaken
    NateIsTaken Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Hello, I also have the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 2019 and experience none of these issues. Acer does not often look at the forums, there are volunteers here. I believe your incident is isolated and that is why there are not many things about this issue. What were you using the computer for when you git the dxgkrnl error? it is often caused by Intel graphics. Here is a website about this specific BSOD error: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error-on-windows-10.html 
  • 7ama
    Hello, I also have the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 2019 and experience none of these issues. Acer does not often look at the forums, there are volunteers here. I believe your incident is isolated and that is why there are not many things about this issue. What were you using the computer for when you git the dxgkrnl error? it is often caused by Intel graphics. Here is a website about this specific BSOD error: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error-on-windows-10.html 
    usually doing my normal task but getting it when on low battery or wake up from sleep.
  • CleavAlive
    CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    dude I have been getting all the bluescreens possible me too! i returned it many times
  • 7ama
    edited January 2021
    dude I have been getting all the bluescreens possible me too! i returned it many times
    I can't even return it, I ordered it two continents away from my home.
  • CleavAlive
    7ama said:
    ok ok i had it under warranty 
  • 7ama
    7ama said:
    I feel like I should make a youtube video warning people not to buy this laptop 
  • CleavAlive
    7ama said:
    7ama said:
    I feel like I should make a youtube video warning people not to buy this laptop 
    do it man its the worst laptop iv ever had throttles so hard i cant even play league in low details without droping fps to like 5
  • CaMo92
    CaMo92 Member Posts: 4 New User
    i am done with acer too, i bought predator for 2000 eur and cant even install windows, it shutting down all the time, f*** this company
    u can use this images on your youtube video if you want, i support you
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    Hello Everybody, 

I am sorry hear you are having this issue, in this case if even after reloading the OS the issue persists, I recommend the contact with your local support for better assistance. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid
  • 7ama
    edited February 2021
    Hello Everybody, 

I am sorry hear you are having this issue, in this case if even after reloading the OS the issue persists, I recommend the contact with your local support for better assistance. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

I live in Iraq and there is no local support there.

• Bosshog78
    Bosshog78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    We're absolutely right to be mad as he!! I bought my PH315-52 at the end of Sept 2019. For about a year and 2 months it worked great, it would get very hot sometimes but did exactly what I needed it to do. At the end of last year, about 2 months ago, the problems started. First the microphone went, no big deal, I bought a new one for cheap. Next I'd have to get the ac adaptor plugged in/ wiggled in *just right* or it wouldn't charge, well yesterday it finally stopped charging altogether. The machine acts like it's plugged in but it just drains and drains. I've tried all the fixes, nothing's fixed it. Small comfort in the good repair shop up the street I'll have to pay to fix it, if it were not for them I'd lose my mind. I've recommended the Predator brand to friends and family in the past, that is over. I can't imagine a scenario where I'll ever purchase another Acer product......another highly dissatisfied customer!
  • CleavAlive
    Bosshog78 said:
    We're absolutely right to be mad as he!! I bought my PH315-52 at the end of Sept 2019. For about a year and 2 months it worked great, it would get very hot sometimes but did exactly what I needed it to do. At the end of last year, about 2 months ago, the problems started. First the microphone went, no big deal, I bought a new one for cheap. Next I'd have to get the ac adaptor plugged in/ wiggled in *just right* or it wouldn't charge, well yesterday it finally stopped charging altogether. The machine acts like it's plugged in but it just drains and drains. I've tried all the fixes, nothing's fixed it. Small comfort in the good repair shop up the street I'll have to pay to fix it, if it were not for them I'd lose my mind. I've recommended the Predator brand to friends and family in the past, that is over. I can't imagine a scenario where I'll ever purchase another Acer product......another highly dissatisfied customer!
    yeah im moving to asus if i wanna buy a new gaming laptop.. well we'll see 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    Hello 7ama

I sent you a private message with some information regarding your local support. 

To all, 

I can certainly understand the frustration and  I am truly sorry for the inconveniences, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users.

Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, many Acer employees read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate.

But primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

I really recommend the contact with your local support for set up a repair or even a formal complaint about your issues.  

Note: This thread is now being closed. 

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

This discussion has been closed.