Thunderbolt 3 Dual-HDMI Displays Not Detecting TravelMate P648-G3

Options
AlexVonHamel
AlexVonHamel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
I have a TravelMate P648-G3-M and I'm trying to use a Sabrent TH-S3H2 Thunderbolt 3 to dual HDMI adapter to drive 2 1080p 60hz monitors with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 620. I can get one of the adapter connected displays to detect but never the second one (doesn't matter which adapter port, whichever is connected first gets detected). I know the adapter isn't faulty as it works fine with my MacBook Pro. Thunderbolt controller shows I'm running Thunderbolt 3 (15D9), NVM Firmware version 20.00, and PD Firmware version 1.12.00. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's a hardware/software limitation. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't see any indication in the specs for your TravelMate P648-G3-M that it supports dual HDMI on the USB-C port... Why don't you just use the HDMI port for the second monitor?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlexVonHamel
    AlexVonHamel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response! Only one port will work for display at a time. Either I use the USB C or the HDMI. If the USB C is plugged in first then the HDMI doesn't detect. If the HDMI is plugged in first then the USB C doesn't detect. Ideally, I'd like to use as few ports as possible since I switch out for my MacBook Pro fairly frequently for different use cases. The USB C makes this easier to connect multiple displays. My understanding is that any thunderbolt 3 port (which this model travelmate does have) should support multi-display over the connection.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    That's odd, I would have expected the two ports would work without interfering with each other. Perhaps a USB-C dock with multiple video ports? The port only supports one HDMI signal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.