Predator PO3-620 orion 3000 crazy temps

Options
Neff_Zillion
Neff_Zillion Member Posts: 6 New User
https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2020/4871/PO3-620/DG.E21AA.006.html  (specs)

everything is stock but i lowered the max power to 94%

While gaming Rocket League some days i get max 85 Celsius (35-40 idle) and some days i get a stable 95 celsius with peaks at 99 and even 100 Celsius,

great ventilation, same room temp of 21-22, both times were after gaming for 30 mins, all setting are on performance lower graphics,

i used intel ETU to stress test the cpu and max temp was 60 Celsius no throttling but when i had it at max power 100% (default settings) i got afew current/edp limit throttling and Motherboard VR Thermal Throttling,

Same thing with COD cold war, some days i get +90 stable with 100 celcius peaks and some days 80+ with 92 celius peaks and all the settings are NVDA optimal settings, GPU never goes above 85 
Specs in link  i7-10700 rtx2060 super 

Answers

• PrskMate
    PrskMate Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I had some issues after a day long working in photoshop and other apps. I couldn't figure out what was the problem, but I reinstalled windows after a time and now it seams to be okay. My problems occurred after the latest windows update. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but before I didn't had this. Of course windows has been updated again, but my problem doesn't occurred again. What I did different now is that I didn't installed Predator Sense and Arc. What is a bit annoying since I have to use the basic led light settings, but to be honest at least my coolers work as on the first day without it. Before when I installed the Predator Sense app, I noticed that without changing any setting my fans behave different than before. So I skipped using it this time, so I can see if it has anything to do with it.
  • Neff_Zillion
    Neff_Zillion Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    i put the max processor state to 98% and reinstalled the chipset drivers and now i get really cool temps, max 70 on roacket league and max 83 on Call of Duty, im not sure if it helped or my problem magically disappeared because i had it at 90% and i was still getting 90+ temps,