Aspire E5-576-5762-- Boot order question

compiler
compiler Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
OK, I have an Aspire E5-576-5762.
I want to change the boot order to start with the USB port and then go to C, so that if I have a major problem I can boot with a boot flash drive.

1) How do I change the boot order. When I boot into the boot menu, I see nothing RE: boot order. There is a Boot Manager, but I can’t seem to get into it. Need help. Also:

2) If I change the boot order, how much longer will it take to boot from C drive (assuming nothing in the USB drive). I’m assuming it adds 2-3 seconds to the process?

Mel

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    well, it would take a little longer as it would search the usb ports first.  as a quicker easier solution set a supervisor/admin password in the bios, enable the F12 boot option in the bios (and save and exit, just don't forget the password!), then if you needed to boot from usb, just tap away on F12 at boot (with the usb drive already plugged in), then you'll get a list of bootable drives.
  • compiler
    compiler Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
    Thanks. I know I can also do shift/restart for a 1-time change in boot order, but if there is a problem and I can't get there...
    I'd rather just know how to change the boot order and see how the delay goes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind

Mel