Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BSOD - unexpected_store_exception AND critical process died

Options
4lireza
4lireza Member Posts: 7 New User
I Bought a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 about 6 month ago,
since i bought it it crash randomly with these messages:
unexpected_store_exception,
critical process died,
there is also some others but vary rarely happens.
unexpected_store_exception happens more then others.

specs:
2x 8GB DDR4 Ram
1TB Micron M.2 SSD
GPU: GTX 1660 TI 6GB
CPU:Intel Core i7-9750H
No AntiVirus

I updated the Drives to the latest versions but dose not work,
also tried fresh install windows without latest drivers , also did not work.
checked the M.2 And Ram health with software and thay are all fine,
tried older version of windows 10 too,
event viewer says The previous system shutdown at XX:XX:XX PM on X/‎XX/‎XXXX was unexpected.
also tried SFC /scannow and dism
updated the bios
turned off the fast startup.

also windows dose not create a minidump.
but somehow 2 times it generate the mini dump and i will attach them here

the crashes happen completely random and sometimes when im gaming and sometimes when im browsing in web.
sometimes before crash all the programs and windows explorer stop responding and after a few seconds ,it crashes and Sometimes it just crash and pop's up The BSOD Screen with a noise

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    This is OS/driver related not a NW issue with the laptop. Read this article and try the solutions, otherwise contact MS for support.
    https://windowsreport.com/unexpected_store_exception-bsod-windows-10/
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you see the next BSOD that generates that error, take picture for us. They often have more detail than is easy to remember.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 4lireza
    edited January 2021
    Options
    billsey said:
    When you see the next BSOD that generates that error, take picture for us. They often have more detail than is easy to remember.
    already got the photo + video. (video attached)
    the last image occurs only once.
    check them out.
    in the video i am trying to access to Task Manager with Ctrl+shift+Esc and  ALT+TAB . as you can see no respond but youtube is playing on background.

• 4lireza
    edited January 2021
    Options
    the attached video is only 1 sec.
    here is the complete version:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sYGPysmWdVZ478_eWlYcClBI8DO6TYPR/view?usp=sharing
  • billsey
    Options
    Does Event Viewer show anything just before the error message you mention? You certainly have something crashing, and it look to me more like fauly software than anything hardware. Unfortunately none of those BSODs point to a driver, so more likely an app that's doing it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 4lireza
    Options
    billsey said:
    Does Event Viewer show anything just before the error message you mention? You certainly have something crashing, and it look to me more like fauly software than anything hardware. Unfortunately none of those BSODs point to a driver, so more likely an app that's doing it.
    nothing else exxept "The previous system shutdown at XX:XX:XX PM on X/‎XX/‎XXXX was unexpected." and "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."
  • billsey
    Options
    Take a look at the dump file, it should give a snapshot of the actual crash conditions. Maybe with something like BlueScreenView.
  • 4lireza
    Options
    batmalin said:
    This is OS/driver related not a NW issue with the laptop. Read this article and try the solutions, otherwise contact MS for support.
    https://windowsreport.com/unexpected_store_exception-bsod-windows-10/
    i already tried these.
    but i found an option on my bios called "fast boot", can this cause the issue?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    No harm if you try to disable it.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• ReneBb
    ReneBb Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm having this BSOD issue regularly too on my new ACER Nitro 5 (AN517-51-73ZY) with WIndows 10 Home

It only happens when the laptop comes out of standby, opened from sleep mode.

Today I had the unexpected store exception, but I had a KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR too 

I think this is most likely hardware related.

We also have 2 other windows 10 game PC's with windows10 which do NOT have these issues (a 1year asus ROG strix and a new Lenovo Legion).

All three laptops are updated to latest updates, and run mostly thesame software. The only difference I can think up that could interfere with e.g. drive functioning in software. Mine runs Norton Security Ultra, while the others run McAfee and Windows Defender.

So I guess this is most likely a hardware issue ? Or could it be the virus scanner too ?
  • 4lireza
    edited January 2021
    Options
    ReneBb said:
    I'm having this BSOD issue regularly too on my new ACER Nitro 5 (AN517-51-73ZY) with WIndows 10 Home

Today I had the unexpected store exception, but I had a KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR too 

We also have 2 other windows 10 game PC's with windows10 which do NOT have these issues (a 1year asus ROG strix and a new Lenovo Legion).

All three laptops are updated to latest updates, and run mostly thesame software. The only difference I can think up that could interfere with e.g. drive functioning in software. Mine runs Norton Security Ultra, while the others run McAfee and Windows Defender.

So I guess this is most likely a hardware issue ? Or could it be the virus scanner too ?
    turn off the fast startup and check if the problem is fixed or not.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup
  • ReneBb
    ReneBb Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2021
    Options
    4lireza said:
    ReneBb said:

Thanks for your reponse. I turned fast startup off, but it did not help as a BSOD occurred the next day.

Because issue only occurs when opened from sleep mode I tried something else. In stead of putting the laptop to sleep in the additional powersettings in windows I set it to hibernate (replaced all sleep occurrences by hibernate). This saves computer state to disk in stead of memory when e.g. closing the lid.

This was 5 days ago, and no BSOD occurred since, so maybe this is a good workaround, and the issue might be related to the memory of the Acer Nitro.
  • 4lireza
    Options
    ReneBb said:
    4lireza said:
    ReneBb said:

Thanks for your reponse. I turned fast startup off, but it did not help as a BSOD occurred the next day.

Because issue only occurs when opened from sleep mode I tried something else. In stead of putting the laptop to sleep in the additional powersettings in windows I set it to hibernate (replaced all sleep occurrences by hibernate). This saves computer state to disk in stead of memory when e.g. closing the lid.

This was 5 days ago, and no BSOD occurred since, so maybe this is a good workaround, and the issue might be related to the memory of the Acer Nitro.
    i had the same issue and got it fixed with changed power settings from sleep to do nothing when lid closed on battery and plugged in and turned off fast start up.
    i don't think its the memory , its a common problem.
    glad to hear that.
    good luck.