Cracked X34 LCD, replace with X34p panel?

PSUSith
PSUSith Member Posts: 1 New User
I was working on some cables behind my X34 (bmiphz) and the base kicked out which caused the monitor to fall flat on its faced and I cracked the LCD panel (it's all vertical lines and some cracks).  It's a first-gen (bmiphz model number).  I went on eBay and someone is selling a non-functioning x34 panel, but it's the model pbmiphzx for cheap.  I was thinking I could buy that, rip out the LCD panel and replace mine with it.  Can someone tell me if the LCD panels are interchangeable?  Looking at a few parts lists I found, the panel is part number kl.34008.002 on my old screen and kl.34008.005 on the newer one.  Thanks!

Answers

• PredatorMSI
    PredatorMSI Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey did you end up getting anywhere with your screen, i myself have a pbmiphzx X34 and it fell of its stand and cracked the front screen. Out of warranty as i bought 2nd hand and i can't find replacements anywhere. Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Acer's part number for the X34 display is: KL.34008.002. It is likely going to be hard to find though, and may be more expensive than a replacement monitor. Those curved screens aren't cheap when buying the part one at a time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.