Why is my acer travelmate p2 i5 orange battery light indicator blinking even though it’s not lowbat?

Options
Yohance0719
Yohance0719 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello. I really need your help because the orange light indicator on my acer travelmate is blinking even though it is not low on battery. Please help me solve this issue. Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which TravelMate model do you have? It should be something like P2xx-xxx-xxxx. How old is it? If you turn it off and let it charge, does it get to the full battery indication?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • solarisken
    solarisken Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    mine too. I got acer travelmate p248mg. I bought this way back 2017. when I plug the ac in. it says plugged in (98%). but when I disconnect the ac. the laptop just turns off and I can't get it to turn on unless I plug the ac back.
  • billsey
    Options
    So you are 2-3 years old. That's early for the battery to fail, but not impossible. Your TravelMate P248-MG doesn't have a battery reset switch, so the only way really to get it reset is by opening it up and disconnecting the battery (while your system is shutdown with the power disconnected of course). Let it sit for several minutes with it disconnected, then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds before reconnecting the battery. Once you have it put back together connect the charger and wait for a full battery indication before turning it on. That might get you back to full function...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • solarisken
    solarisken Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    May I ask how to safely disconnect the battery after opening the laptop?
  • billsey
    Options
    The battery has a single cable to the motherboard and that likely has some tape to help keep the connection in place. Just pull the tape off then gently pry the connector off. I don't believe there are any special latches on that connection.