Replacement SSD and Clone extisting drive - Swift SF315-41

Options
2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    I suspect the ADATA XPG incompatibility with your model due to it's thickness.
    Hi,
    I said XPG was not suitable due to it's thickness and others have installed SN520 SSD, hence my recommendation of particular drive, this Sabrent SSD is being used in this model(SF315-41) by another user.
  • wood1e
    wood1e Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh right someone else must have said 4x3 is not suitable along with the form factor not being suitable.  I shall buy one and see it works

Thanks
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    wood1e said:
    Oh right someone else must have said 4x3 is not suitable along with the form factor not being suitable.  I shall buy one and see it works

Thanks
    No problem  :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Many x4 drives will drop down to the x2 speeds if placed in an x2 slot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wood1e
    wood1e Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options
    Well I created a clone on external drive. Slid it inside the Acer laptop and it almost worked :) 

it worked, but the migration didn't. I was forced to re-install WIN10... Well I wasn't forced :) but I was stuck in a circular event of 'start-up, something wrong, let me investigate, re-install WIN10?'  And so on. 

so I did... but then I forgot I need two pieces of software off the old harddrive. 

So I reinstalled... Does anyone know if it is possible to backup two specific pieces of software only?  Not WIN10 or anything else, just two software?