Can I Upgrade the GPU of my Acer Aspire 3 (A315-42)

I bought my Acer Aspire 3 (A315-42) last year. 

I was wondering if it will be VR ready if I upgrade the GPU and possibly the storage and ram also.

Or is the effort not worth it and just buy a higher spec laptop?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 32,078 Trailblazer
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. You can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • TheawillsonTheawillson Member Posts: 3 New User
    yes you can upgrade it and some updated data occure
  • TommyDigalTommyDigal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Brother you have to sell this laptop and buy a gamming pc because PC's are cheaper than laptops and you can also update any part of your PC either changing total PC.
  • nihachinihachi Member Posts: 2 New User
    hey guys try to visit my question here. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/637043/my-nitro-an515-55-screen-not-working 

i really need help.
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. But you can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • williamjhonswilliamjhons Member Posts: 1 New User
    There are two RAM that fit DDR4 memory modules. Additionally, you are able to put a 2.5″ SATA drive as well as an SSD.
  • patgartonpatgarton Member Posts: 1 New User
    Update feature can come to the party in this regard.
  • saimjacksonsaimjackson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Of course you can update.
  • kambohskambohs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Even after clicking on the yes option from the error box, it will not disappear. The error occurs with a file named “settingsynchost.exe.” Apart from that, you will have the error because of the current theme that you are using.
  • kambohskambohs Member Posts: 2 New User
    The active theme is glitching, due to which you are facing a particular error. There are several windows 7,8 and 10 users who managed to solve the issue by changing the active theme and removing the leftover folders from your computer.
  • Neelp120Neelp120 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Shop the best fitness band under 2000 in india to get your gym routine on track. Buy the best fitness tracker! Avail the best best fitness band under 2000 in india to get your gym routine on track. Buy the best fitness tracker! best fitness tracker under 2000
  • johnchrisjohnchris Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also want to update but on cheap rates.
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. But you can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • rioconwayrioconway Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes You can upgrade it if you want..
  • rioconwayrioconway Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes you can upgrade it.
  • rohitjadhav1rohitjadhav1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Get the best home appliances reviews, best kitchen appliances reviews, best electronic reviews site etc. best product review sites
    Jack E/NJ