How can i fix my audio + Dolby atmos is missing after fresh reinstall of win 10 Predator G9-593.

Options
USFmak
USFmak Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
Hi everyone, im having a problem with my audio after doing a fresh reinstall of win10 on my Predator G9-593. The audio quality is really bad, volume is low, and i think the right speaker isnt working + Dolby atmos is missing. I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers from acer support multiple times and still nothing is changing. Found an article that (dolby atmos) is in the file DAX2 in the realtek drivers but it gives me an error message when i try installing it " Both dolby audio driver and API need to be installed " , " Dolby audio X2 windows APP setup wizard ended prematurely". Please if anyone knows a solution to this frustrating problem.

Answers

• USFmak
    Options
    Ok, i just found a weird solution for this problem. I saw that someone else was having a similar problem and recommended installing audio drivers for a different model the G9-793 to be exact, and it worked! audio quality is back and both speakers are working, BUT still didn't get Dolby Atmos back...
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Try turning off Dolby Audio in Dolby Audio tab under Speaker Properties, then you can select Dolby Atmos in Spatial sound tab.

• USFmak
    Options
    Thanks, but it didnt work. I got the audio to work properly earlier but im still missing the dolby atmos app. When i open a game dolby turns off automaticaly i have to go back to sounds>playback>properties..etc to turn it back on while gaming on speakers.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please wait for someone else to chime in.