Why does my monitor seem so grey? 20FM505K00

LarryP2021
LarryP2021 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Monitors
I just switched over to a Lenovo Laptop 20FM505K00 and I've attached my Acer Monitor ED322Q as a second monitor. The problem is that it looks like ***** compared to the laptop screen. I've set the resolution, refresh, and anything else I could find to the same setting, and I've tried adjusting the brightness, contrast, etc. No matter what I do, the laptop screen's white is significantly brighter than the monitor which at best looks greyish. I used to have this monitor attached to a Toshiba Laptop and while the colors never quite matched, the difference wasn't that stark. Now the colors match sort of but the monitor just looks dull as maybe you can see in the picture -- the picture isn't that helpful. I'm wondering if something is wrong with it? I have tried resetting it to factory setting, and I tried using the Acer display widget which doesn't appear to work well with this model. I'm out of ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    My guess is the laptop monitor has a better back light, so shows brighter colors. What happen when you reduce the brightness on the laptop, do they get closer to each other?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.