aspire 3 a315-51-31gk screen upgrade

JerRiv04
JerRiv04 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi, 

I'm looking to replace and upgrade my screen from 768 to 1080p. I found a seller but wanted to make sure it's possible and what would be some negative drawbacks if it works?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Sure it's possible but not too practical in my opinion. I'd rather spend my money an external monitor as its HDMI port is capable of much higher resolutions. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• JerRiv04

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sure it's possible but not too practical in my opinion. I'd rather spend my money an external monitor as its HDMI port is capable of much higher resolutions. Jack E/NJ 
    I was thinking of upgrading it because the screen is currently broken so I was thinking maybe I should just upgrade it if I'm going to replace it anyway.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    JerRiv04 said:
    Hi, 

I'm looking to replace and upgrade my screen from 768 to 1080p. I found a seller but wanted to make sure it's possible and what would be some negative drawbacks if it works?
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade the panel to a FHD IPS panel, you can use any of the panels in the link, the first panel is a TN panel and the rest are all IPS panels.
    Panel Specification Compare - Panelook.com
  • JackE
     Well, if the HD is busted and FHD doesn't cost too much more then I'd probably go for it.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JerRiv04

Tinkerer

JackE said:
     Well, if the HD is busted and FHD doesn't cost too much more then I'd probably go for it.  :) Jack E/NJ
    Yeah I found a place that's basically the same price. Just wanted to make sure it's possible and if someone has upgraded before with no issues.
  • JackE
    Some folks have reported successfully upgrading similar A315 models but had to change from 1-lane to 2-lane LCD cables. Your's probably is 2 lane already but not 100% sure. Cables are cheap. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JerRiv04

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Some folks have reported successfully upgrading similar A315 models but had to change from 1-lane to 2-lane LCD cables. Your's probably is 2 lane already but not 100% sure. Cables are cheap. Jack E/NJ
    Here is the back of the screen
  • JackE
    The 1 & 2 lane cables have virtually the same end connectors. The DD0ZAJLC011 (or ACER 50.GNPN7.006) imprinted on the label, suggests it supports 2 lanes. So it should be fine with FHD.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ