Black screen please help!! E5-575 N16Q2

Lgdcan
Lgdcan Member Posts: 4 New User
So I tried to restore my laptop to a previous date, update issues, and it stuck on blue update screen for 2hrs. I decided to shut it off. When I tried to restart, all I got was a black screen. I came here and tried some things, hard on/off 3 times, turn on hold alt F10, turn on push F2 etc and still nothing. I get what's in the picture attached and then nothing. When I hit f2 I get to a "Bios" page, but I have no idea what any of that is so I'm not touching it. Someone please help me. Being in lockdown is going to suck without my laptop!! TIA

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Try this first. Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Then remove the charger. Press a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 60 seconds while also pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in. Don't try to turn it on until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. 

If still no joy, then press and hold the power button again till the laptop shuts off. About 5 seconds. Then turn it back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter  the BIOS menu. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. Press and hold the power button again to shut the laptop off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery menu should appear to allow you to refresh Windows while trying to save your personal files or to reset Windows to a factory fresh state.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lgdcan
    Jack, I have tried everything you have suggested. Found lots of your post through out this community. You are excellent at breaking down the steps for us computer "dummies" I've tried and nothing is working. Currently chatting with an Acer rep on Twitter but looks like I need to seek out someone with another computer for a USB for a file transfer. These are the only things I see on the screen until it just goes black....
  • JackE
    >>>These are the only things I see on the screen until it just goes black.... >>>

You might not be pressing the F2 key fast enough. Try this. Press and hold the  power  button again till the laptop shuts off. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding the F2 key, press the power button again to turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lgdcan
    edited January 2021
    Lgdcan said:
    Jack, I have tried everything you have suggested. Found lots of your post through out this community. You are excellent at breaking down the steps for us computer "dummies" I've tried and nothing is working. Currently chatting with an Acer rep on Twitter but looks like I need to seek out someone with another computer for a USB for a file transfer. These are the only things I see on the screen until it just goes black....

JackE said: 
    >>>These are the only things I see on the screen until it just goes black.... >>>

You might not be pressing the F2 key fast enough. Try this. Press and hold the  power  button again till the laptop shuts off. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding the F2 key, press the power button again to turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ
    Sorry, it still just goes to black screen

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
  • Lgdcan
    Acer rep is telling me I need to find someone with another computer so I can transfer files from a usb as this model doesn't have cd/dvd 
  • JackE
    Hold on!. You just posted an image of the BIOS menu. That's what we need to access to change setting in its Main tab! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ