Touchpad not working/not showing in BIOS, Acer aspire 3 a315-41

Esste
Esste Member Posts: 3 New User
So, one year ago I sent my laptop to the assistance service to deal with hardware problems.
It came back, but the touchpad wasn't working anymore. Since I am a lazy person I procrastinated the issue a lot.

Long story short, my touchpad doesn't work. I cannot find it in BIOS, I cannot find it in the Device manager - where I see two mouse devices instead, one of them locate in on I2C HID Device (what is that?). Installing the Synaptic drivers does not help at all.

Can anyone help me?
We are talking of an Acer aspire 3 a315-41, running Windows 10.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,428 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, press Ctrl+S buttons together and see whether you get Tocuchpad options appear.

• Alexispam
    Alexispam Member Posts: 3 New User

I am currently experiencing the same problem. my touchpad is not working i have tried several ways to solve this issue online but all efforts in vain i tried to update drivers even changing OS from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything is running smoothly except the touchpad. I have followed your instructions clearly to press CTL +S in bios main to see the touchpad option, but it doesn't show in bios. I am helpless .Any final Help will be greatly appreciated