Laptop - Acer Aspire - V3-571

Options
C64
C64 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
Hi there, 

I'd be greatful if anyone could clarify if it's possible to upgrade the ram memory on my laptop -  Acer Aspire V3-571. 

The manual shows that memory can be expanded with a removable hatch but it also states that it does not apply to all models. Furthermore, it does not say how much memory it can be expanded by.  I dont' beleive my laptop has a removable hatch, further to looking underneath. 

I do not have any further information for the lapop model. When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool it just shows the following: 

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.201021-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire V3-571
BIOS: V2.13

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8008MB RAM

Currently I have 8GB of DDR3 Memory.

Please let me know if anyone can help. 

Many thanks, 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Do you have the full model number? I fixit suggests that the removable pannel should be along full botom of the machine:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+V3-571G+RAM+Replacement/107729
  • C64
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for the link! Yes, it matches up to my laptop. I have the same long panel. The manual threw me as it had a diagram of a small hatch in the middle. Any idea on how much ram I can expand it by? I'd like to stick in 16GB minimum, more if possible. I can't find the full model number other than Aspire V3-571 by looking at the labelling and running Direct X Diagnostic Tool. However, I did register the product when I first purchased it on Acer and online it shows Part Number: NX.RYFEK.023

Many thanks, 
    Nick 
  • Leostat
    Options
    That one i dont know 100%, the crucial site suggests the max is 16GB (https://uk.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-v3-571) which is usually correct , the next i normally use is user benchmark, it look slike yours is an i3 3110m (if pc world is telling the truth) where someone has been seen running 16GB in it:
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34260832

If you ping a Ace they have the service manual and will be able to confirm.
  • C64
    Options
    Thanks for your help! I've learnt where my ram is located and how to access it. I also now know it will at least take 16GB. Your help is very much appreciated. Kindest regards, Nick
  • Leostat
    Options
    No problem :) If its sovled you q hit the yes button and it just marks it so others know if they have the same problem
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    The Aspire V3-571 supports 8GB in total with two 4GB sticks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • C64
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for your response. How can you besure the max ram it can take is only 8GB? The previous post provides a link indicating it runs on 16GB. Thanks, 
  • C64
    Options
    Hi, it looks like you were correct. I found my Acer datasheet on my registration page and it says 8GB max. The full model number of the computer is also - V3-571-73638G75Makk. 

Will it simply not not read any larger ram if I were to insert it? E.g. Two sticks of 8GB to make a total of 16GB? 

Many thanks, 
  • Leostat
    Options
    Thats Odd, i wonder how the people on user benchmark did it :s Thanks for chiming in Billsey :)!

It could be a BIOS thing as the controller is good for 32GB on the CPU
  • C64
    Options
    Thanks for your help on this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    More likely in the motherboard layout... They didn't hook up the extra address pins to support larger memory sticks. We have seen the occasional instance where larger sticks work, even though specs say it shouldn't, but that's pretty rare.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.