Aspire F 15 F5-573G-57E8 (dual boot failure/windows 10 reinstalled/disk formatted/lost data).

Angelworm
Angelworm Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,
I'm new here and I got a huge problem.I don't know what happend to it as one of my friend tried to install kali linux and it failed. I was not there at that time. Next morning I turned on the pc and there is "No bootable device" with a magnifying glass 😢 Next day my brother-in-law took it and they reinstalled windows 10 and formatted my 3 disks😭 I lost my 600GB data on those three disks. The current situation is like this photo. What can I do to recover my data? Please help me. 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    First thing, stop using the laptop. The more you use it the more that is going to get lost. Second it depends how they installed, if they did a quick intall there is a chance you can recover some stuff, if a full format no chance. 

If you boot to an external drive, and then either take an image of the internal drive, or connect the drive through a write blocker you can run something like recuva or Autopsy over the internal drive / image, it will try to carve out stuff from the drive. This is meh at the best of times and there is a high chance a large ammount of stuff will have been lost with the two reinstalls