Registration - SNID not Valid ...

Pepe_Lepew
Pepe_Lepew Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello:

Okay, not starting out good already.  I tried to register my computer and then get an online message the SNID or SN is not valid.  I took a picture of that information and then typed it again...and again...and again.  Then I called customer service, option 2.  Guess what, the ONLY way to talk to anyone is to give the SNID and the system said it was not valid.  So, I called again and used option 1, Sales.  He confirmed the number was good and gave me an email address.  So, I had previously created a login before doing all of this.  Why is he not able to register me if he has confirmed the information is valid.

All I really want is to get my Windows Product Key.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Sometimes the issue is that the you and the computer are in the wrong locale; you can't register a UK computer in the USA site for instance. Sometimes it's that they haven't gotten their database updated to match shipments, so the SNID just doesn't yet have a match. Sometimes we never do figure out what went wrong, but they always end up getting it straightened out in the end. They are all still working from home so I'd guess it's more likely to be the second one...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pepe_Lepew
    Pepe_Lepew Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello:

Thank you for your response.  It was bought through Amazon, USA, but delivered to Canada.  I will wait a few days and try again.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Try registering through the USA site, just in case they sent you a USA model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Luey
    Luey Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too tried registering my laptop but when I look for it under my registration & my products...its not showing? Pepe...did you get yours registered yet? I  am also in Canada