Glitches on XV272U

T30P4C
T30P4C Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2021 in Monitors
Hi, I just purchased this monitor and I noticed that it often glitches like shown in the pictures. You have to imagine it doing that repeatedly, at a very high frequency, in multiple lines at a time, on the whole display. Glitching seems to happen when I resume my PC from hybernation, but not always anyways. When it glitches like that, if I change the resolution from windows 10 settings, glitching stops. It also stops if I power off and power on again the monitor, or if I remove the HDMI cable and put it back in. Is it a monitor problem? Is it a windows 10 problem? Is it a GPU (RX 580) problem, maybe some driver? I never noticed that with other monitors.

Answers

• T30P4C
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Looks to me like the cable might be picking up some interference.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • T30P4C
    billsey said:
    Looks to me like the cable might be picking up some interference.
    You mean the HDMI cable?
  • billsey
    If you are connected using HDMI, yes. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • T30P4C
    billsey said:
    If you are connected using HDMI, yes. :)
    If it was an interference problem, shouldn't it be like that all the time? I mean, no one moves the cables, and it apparently doesn't depend on the computer load. It occurred just a few times.
  • billsey
    It likely depends on other loads in the house circuit, such as when the refrigerator compressor kicks in, or a vacuum cleaner. Cheap cables will be much more likely to pick up interference that well made ones.
  • T30P4C
    Well I'll definitely test this, although it stops when I reboot the monitor