Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. A315-56

cruciomysoul
cruciomysoul Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi.
Bluetooth randomly stopped working during the day, and is now no longer found on device. I have an A315-56
After it stopped working, I installed any pending updates to see if that helped. It did not.
I followed instructions to ensure Bluetooth Support Service was working: 
However, I could not follow instructions to reset driver as it is no longer there:  
It does not show up when I click "show hidden", nor does it show up when I click scan. There is no option to turn Bluetooth On/Off in device manager any more.

I then tried installing driver from the Acer website, but still nothing.

Why is this happening? How do I fix this issue?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Probably an errant Win10 update. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Choose restore point with date/time stamp when the BT problems started. If it resolves the issue you'll have to use Microsoft's WinUpdate hide tool to temporarily block the update till a future update fixes it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cruciomysoul
    cruciomysoul Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Probably an errant Win10 update. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Choose restore point with date/time stamp when the BT problems started. If it resolves the issue you'll have to use Microsoft's WinUpdate hide tool to temporarily block the update till a future update fixes it. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks, will try this and let you know :) 
  • there is also a driver with an exclamation point. Can you check the error?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)