Microphone on my new SF514-54GT doesn't work

Gil123
Gil123 Member Posts: 5 New User
Hi,
The built-in microphone array from Intel never worked, and only shows a fixed 100% bar on the sound level (altought there's no sound around). External headset does work however, so the problem is with the built-in one only.
I tried reinstalling drivers etc, to no avail.
This is quite frustrating since it's a new PC (and otherwise a pretty good one at that).

Answers

• When you move the LCD to a specific position, does the microphone work? There may be a problem with the microphone cable.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gil123
    no change at any screen position. sound level remains stuck at 100% and no sound is recorded.
  • When you test the microphone here:

Is your voice identified in TEST THE MICROPHONE?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gil123
    this is what i see - sound at 100% and no response. could the machine be damaged?

• Test the microphone at this link: https://www.onlinemictest.com/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gil123
    nothing. no response. mic is dead.
  • What happens when you reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gil123
    not sure what you mean, reinstall Windows? I don't think I wanna do that right now.
  • What happens when you update windows and download optional updates?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    From that Sound Settings page go into Device Properties and show us the volume settings.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.