Charger compatibility between the Acer Swift 3 SF314-58 and 58G

Options
STOPWATCH_6000
STOPWATCH_6000 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-58, and the charger (45W, 19V, 2.37A) isn't quite up to scratch for what I do on it. During online meetings in Google Meet, my computer drops 10% of battery per hour when my external display, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, AirPods, and phone are plugged in. I do know that unlike my Swift 3 that has Intel graphics, the higher specced model (the SF314-58G) with an MX250 comes with a more powerful, 65W charger, which would be very helpful. Aside from the GPU, I don't think there is any difference between the 58 and the 58G. 

Would this 65W charger work with my computer? I'm not looking for faster charging times, I'm trying to make sure my laptop doesn't die during online meetings. I already ordered this charger and until that comes, I will have to use my MacBook Pro, that has a 60W charger.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, it would work fine. The charger output wattage is a maximum sustainable number, what actually goes through is the load the computer puts on it, which is often less than the rating. So a 65W charger running at, say, 50W still works just as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.