Aspire ES1-711-P14W: Black Screen of Death

System
System Member Posts: 4,538 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Aspire Black Screen of Death Aspire E5-576.

[Edited the topic title to include model's name]

Answers

• Teager
    Teager Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am not a tech expert, but I have been using computers since the 80's. This "Black Screen of Death" has captured 5 months of my life. It is THE most upsetting experience I have ever had. Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W began offering black screen on startup in May 2020. After every little trick, it would spontaneously give me a screen - which I captured with glee - and then would begin trying a "fix". Intel worked with me several times and identified a BIOS issue. Why? Because when we went to the ACER website we could NOT FIND the graphics driver for N3540 but substituted another after a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter start, then downloaded Driver 15.33.53.5161.  Intel agent searched for the BIOS on the ACER website - zip. So, now I sit with my financial laptop (with way too much private information enclosed) and unable to send for repair. I face destroying the hard drive and putting into recycle - unless ACER comes up with the necessary support for my "just turned" 5 year old laptop. Any suggestions gentlemen.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer
    Do you get an HDMI out to a screen on a TV? You might have to press FN+F5 to toggle the TV screen on. As an aside, intermittent black screen issues are often due to a conductor trace break in the LCD video cable in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening/closing the lid too much. New LCD replacements are less than $25USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Goodie44
    Goodie44 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having same issues on my acer Helios 300 predator .. tested with HDMI still the blue no signal screen .. and the led on the keyboard is on.. the caps lock is not on.. the fan not working and it’s will get hot while charging..

please help me😭😭!!!