how to reduce shared ram with intel gpu ? helios 300 G3 571

marwan
marwan Member Posts: 92 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
how to reduce shared ram with intel gpu because it's using half of my ram 16GB and sometimes it cause my apps to crash due to low free ram .
my laptop is acer helios 300 G3 571  I7 7700HQ 32GB ram GTX1060 6GB. 

Answers

• marwan
    does windows 10 reserve 25 % of ram ?
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    dont think you can change it!
    Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• marwan
    SilvaGi said:
    dont think you can change it!
    but i have a problem that any program cant use more than 20/24gb ram and there is 8gb available
  • strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Are you sure your programs crash due to low ram? I have a similar config and that window shows the same info, but never got ram limited.
    Actually, I got some issues when I completely disabled pagefile, some programs simply crash due to the very pagefile absense, not even having to use it.
    In taskmanager, is there some program using all shared ram as vram? Here it shows 16gb shared but i never saw it actually use it. If you find a program using ram you can close it.

Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• marwan
    edited January 2021
    strider16 said:
    Are you sure your programs crash due to low ram? I have a similar config and that window shows the same info, but never got ram limited.
    Actually, I got some issues when I completely disabled pagefile, some programs simply crash due to the very pagefile absense, not even having to use it.
    In taskmanager, is there some program using all shared ram as vram? Here it shows 16gb shared but i never saw it actually use it. If you find a program using ram you can close it.

yeah im sure that my programs crash due to low ram i tested that using 3ds max , houdini fx and after effects when the ram hit 24gb sometimes 21gb the program crash , and yes i have pagefile disabled completely because i dont have a lot of free space and no in the task manage there is no other program that is using the ram , 1 more thing when the program crash i see in the task manage that there is 8gb available ram