(A515-51G) E key acting weird, Power Button barely responsive

Binmo
Binmo Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Recently got my A515-51G-50LA to turn on, I have the interrupt switch near the ram taped down and a sheet of paper wedged in the keyboard connector into the motherboard. It's just turns on out of luck if I keep pressing the power button for random durations and spamming they keyboard. I've only noticed the E key to be acting weird, sometimes it wont respond, sometimes it presses it twice, and sometimes it lags and places it ahead of what I was typing. It updated the the BIOS from v1.15 to v1.2 and luckily nothing else broke but no fix either.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Use a soft bristle facial blush brush to dig in under and around the e key cover while at the same time blowing air from canned air or a vacuum cleaner exhaust to dislodge debris and crumbs that have accumlated in the key contact mechanism under the cover. Then repeatedly check board keys with the online KB test. You might have to repeatedly tap and release the key dozens of times to clean the contacts since much of this debris sticks to and fouls the contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Binmo
    Binmo Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    This is the main issue right now it took 15 minutes to turn on it randomly, I'll try and find some bristles and pressurized air. Thanks for linking this keyboard in my other thread because I will have to get one. Are all produced in the same factory? Any variables to took for apart from the backlight when buying one?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    They should be manufactured to ACER specs. There are other sellers on Aliexpress but make sure you get the language keyboard  you want. I posted the English US keyboard earlier. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ