Travelmate P2 TMP215-52 - can this laptop support 3 external screens

Options
PJF1965
PJF1965 Member Posts: 2 New User
Concerning the Travelmate P2 TMP215-52 - referring to a question about 2 screens on a TravelMate p2 TMP214-52 MichaelForward wrote in a post on January 11 ....
HDMI doesn't work - you need to connect 1 monitor with the VGA port and 1 monitor via the USB-C port- You may need to get an adaptor from Amazon depending on what cables you currently use with your monitors.
Nothing else other than this will work to operate two monitors, only the VGA and USB-C ports. The laptop will not recognise HDMI with an extra monitor.
My question is can you add 2 extra monitors in addition to the  VGA screen using a USB-C to double HDMI adaptor?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Should do. It's not the hdmi doesn't work, it just can't be used at the same time

A splitter wouldn't work as you would get two mirrored displays

USBC straight to displayport should work if your card supports dp1.2 or above in windows. This needs special and expensive monitors and windows 1

Or if you have a spare USB3.0 , or use a usb hub with displayport which also has usb 3, you can use a DisplayLink (not displayport) adapter an install a driver. These work by shutteling video as data over usb
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    The TravelMate P215-52 models come with an HDMI port and support DP over USB-C (gen 1), so you should be OK. If not as suggested you can use a USB hub, though I'd go with faster than 2.0...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.