Acer Aspire V3-372T Laptop Battery bulging out

ThumperNTwinkie
ThumperNTwinkie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I have an Acer Aspire V3-372T Laptop and the battery on this laptop is bulging out and slowly getting bigger. The laptop top cover won't close evenly and the when you lay the laptop on a table is completely uneven - very noticeable bulge. Has anyone have this issue before? Was there a "recall" on this laptop battery?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    I have an Acer Aspire V3-372T Laptop and the battery on this laptop is bulging out and slowly getting bigger. The laptop top cover won't close evenly and the when you lay the laptop on a table is completely uneven - very noticeable bulge. Has anyone have this issue before? Was there a "recall" on this laptop battery?
    Hi ThumperNTwinkie,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing a battery bulging issue with your Acer product, I do not see any alerts or recall for this model (Aspire V3-372T), can you please respond to the private message I sent you to better assist you with this matter?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • ThumperNTwinkie
    ThumperNTwinkie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I am still not able to get this NEW Battery to be detected by my Acer...

Anyone has any idea or someone at ACER Support can help me with this???
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,689 Trailblazer
    You would have to contact Acer support to find out, they don't have a presence here, although sometimes the moderators can help out. The battery on your laptop is Acer part numbers: KT.00403.027 and KT.0040G.004. Those are pretty much the same, just from two different vendors. Most Lithium-ion batteries from that era eventually start bulging, they weren't doing as good of a job with the onboard smarts shutting the battery down early enough when discharging.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.