How can I fix my built-in camera/webcam? Helios 300

Smooth
Smooth Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I've been having a problem with my camera on my Predator Helios 300 laptop. When I try to use my camera when on zoom for school it says there is no camera detected and when I open the camera app I get this error message(my antivirus software is Webroot and I do not think it is the problem as I've had it on my computer long before this problem occurred). 
I have looked up solutions online and they have not worked. When I go to device manager to try and find my webcam to update it or reset it I can't seem to find it. Under Imaging Devices, the only thing I see is WSD Scan Device. I can only see this device if I check the box in View that says "Show hidden devices."

I have tried uninstalling the camera and then scanning for hardware changed on device manager. In the past, this worked fine and the camera was reinstalled(although this didn't really solve the problem). This time when I uninstalled the camera I can't seem to get it to reinstall when I scan for devices or restart my computer. 

This is the third or fourth time I've had this problem and the previous times the issue seemingly fixed itself a few days after it came up but it keeps happening. Any thoughts for me? Is there somewhere I can go to reinstall the camera drivers or do something of that sort to get the camera to work?

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers

• r0ma
    r0ma Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    Im experiencing the same camera issue with my Swift SF314-56 problem and tried all possible troubleshooting options from online. I hope someone can help us with this. Can't find the inbuilt camera in my device manager as well.
  • Gan
    Gan Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is a certain tilt at around 90 degrees only and when it's past way that then the camera won't work.  try a different angle.