Acer Aspire TC-895-UA91 RAM Upgrade

Options
Hello! I'm planning on buying the Aspire TC-895-UA91 from amazon and I would like to know a few things.

Are there specific types of RAM I should get?
Can you upgrade the PSU (I might add a graphics card)
What type of CPU's does the Motherboard support?
If you could answer these, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sure:
    1. DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM with Dual-channel architecture, two slots 32GB total maximum. You need two sticks to take advantage of the dual channel.
    2. The power supply is one of the new ATX12VO models, which are tough to find on the secondary market, so GPUs are either limited to what can run off the x16 slot without extra power or you likely need to buy the bigger supply from Acer. They have them up to 500W, so some of the newer cards won't work because they have a higher power budget.
    3. The motherboard supports Comet Lake-S CPUs in an LGA1200 socket. They come stock with a 65W CPU, so choosing one with higher power needs requires a revamp of the cooling.
    Let us know if there's anything else you need to know.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Are the Acer 300/500w PSU's the same size as the 180w version in the TC-895..?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, they are all the same physical size.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yes, they are all the same physical size.
    Thanks billsey