Aspire One Happy2 ZE6 wifi light

PeterHodgson
PeterHodgson Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited January 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi
I have acquired a Happy2 ZE6 netbook, now running Win10, albeit slowly. I have no documentation on it at all, so would appreciate if anyone has a hardware spec doc or similar. Also, there are three lights on the front left, one with a bulb which is blue, one with a battery which is also blue, the other with a radio antenna which is orange/red. Presume this is the wifi indicator, should it be blue also and if so what's the usual issue in win10 ? I cam connected to wifi but a bit slow also.
thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Here you go. Download the user documents you'd like. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/3685?b=1

The left most power LED should be blue.
    The middle battery charge LED should be steady orange when charging and steady blue when fully charged.
    The right most wifi LED should be steady orange when wifi is on.

The usual issue with Win10 is that it is not as good as Win7. It's rapidfire major Win10 updates that are release about twice a year cause issues in many machines. So it is wise to make sure that System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point application so that an errant Win10 update that's causing problems can be temporarily blocked until a future Win10 update fixes it (and probably cause other side effect problems)  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PeterHodgson
    PeterHodgson Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Thanks Jack. Without documentation I had assumed (wrongly) that the wifi should be blue like the others. Reinstalled win 7, runs quite a bit quicker though can't say I like it much.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Yeah, but Win7 is no longer supported. You can significantly speed it up changing the 2.5" HDD to a 2.5" SSD for less than $30 for a similar capacity. If it still has the old HDD installed, an SSD would probably double the read/write speed which would be quite noticeable on a machine that only has 1 or 2GB or RAM. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ