Random Shutdowns and No bootable device screen when not plugged in Aspire 5 A515-43

Abhinay610
Abhinay610 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey
I own an 6 months old Acer Aspire 5  A515-43 AMD Ryzen 5 with 512GB SSD running on a recent 1.11 BIOS update.
The laptop runs perfectly fine when plugged in.
But whenever used without plugged in, it freezes then abruptly shuts down and displays the No Bootable Device Found screen. When long pressed the power button it shuts down and when booted again it either boots and works for a couple of minutes or reboots again and shows a blue screen for Recovery(It looks like Windows didn't load correctly).
I have tried scannow, chkdsk, resetting the battery, changing the power modes to Acer/high Performance/Balanced, but nothing seems to fix.
But when plugged in, everything works super fine, no random freezes or restarts.
Did anyone else experience this? Any suggestions? 
Thank you.

Answers

• Abhinay610

Tinkerer

Nevermind.
    BIOS downgrade fixed it!
  • Jayant25
    Jayant25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey
    I own an 6 months old Acer Aspire 5  A515-43 AMD Ryzen 5 with 512GB SSD running on a recent 1.11 BIOS update.
    But whenever used without plugged in, it freezes then abruptly shuts down and displays the No Bootable Device Found screen. When long pressed the power button it shuts down and when booted again it either boots and works for a couple of minutes or reboots again and shows a blue screen for Recovery(It looks like Windows didn't load correctly).
    I have tried scannow, chkdsk, resetting the battery, changing the power modes to Acer/high Performance/Balanced, but nothing seems to fix.
    But when plugged in, everything works super fine, no random freezes or restarts.
    Thank you.
    Facing same issue even service center is confused
    Is their any solution
  • Abhinay610

Tinkerer

Jayant25 said:
    Hey
    Thank you.
    Facing same issue even service center is confused
    Is their any solution
    If you have performed a BIOS update try to roll back . That fixed my issue. Search for the forums to rollback the bios version
  • Jayant25
    Jayant25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can you please send me the link to rollback bios