Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 webcam does not work no matter what I try.

This question has probably been asked before, but I have found literally no solutions that work. I have gone to use my webcam on my week old computer, and it isnt detected by any apps. I have tried literally everything, I have tried:
  • Enabling in settings
  • Checking device manager
  • Adding legacy devices
  • Checking drivers online
  • Uninstalling and restarting (after this no camera appeared at all)
  • Almost all solutions on this forum
None of these have worked, and I am at a complete loss.

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 257 Practitioner
    Windows 10 has another privacy setting to check as well, if you goto start - privacy there is a interface to show what apps have access to the camera

If you open the installed camera app, does this show in the list , or does the list have the 'disallpw use of the camera' option enabled?
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 
  • DehydrohalogenationDehydrohalogenation Member Posts: 5 New User
    Leostat said:
    Windows 10 has another privacy setting to check as well, if you goto start - privacy there is a interface to show what apps have access to the camera

If you open the installed camera app, does this show in the list , or does the list have the 'disallpw use of the camera' option enabled?
    This I've tried numerous times, to no avail. As far as my computer is concerned, it doesn't even have a camera. Opening the camera app gives me an error: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttatched>, and the only imaging devices are a bunch of scanners. This is what my device manager looks like.:
  • batmalinbatmalin Member Posts: 3,443 Guru
    Download the drivers for your model from Acer website and reinstall.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• NGZEUSNGZEUS Member Posts: 174 Enthusiast
    OPEN DEVICE MANAGER

RICHT CLICK YOUR CAMERA DRIVER AND SELECT UPDATE DRIVER

AND THEN RESTART YOUR LAPTOP

SOLUTION 2

Give your apps permission

If you recently updated Windows 10, you might need to give apps permission to use the camera. In newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera. 

To let your device access the camera, select Start , then select Settings  > Privacy  > Camera . In Allow access to the camera on this device, if Camera access for this device is turned off, select Change and turn on Camera access for this device. 

SOLUTION 3

DOWNLOAD LATEST DRIVERS FROM ACER WEBSITE

IF YOU THINK I HAVE ANSWER YOUR QUESTION PLEASE CLICK YES :)

• DehydrohalogenationDehydrohalogenation Member Posts: 5 New User
    batmalin said:
    Download the drivers for your model from Acer website and reinstall.
    The issue is I can't find any camera drivers for my specific model. I've looked everywhere, the official website doesn't have any.
  • batmalinbatmalin Member Posts: 3,443 Guru
    Install the chipset driver and the serial I/O driver.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 257 Practitioner
    If you enable hidden devices in device manager does it show?
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!