Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 webcam does not work no matter what I try.

Dehydrohalogenation
Dehydrohalogenation Member Posts: 4 New User
This question has probably been asked before, but I have found literally no solutions that work. I have gone to use my webcam on my week old computer, and it isnt detected by any apps. I have tried literally everything, I have tried:
  • Enabling in settings
  • Checking device manager
  • Adding legacy devices
  • Checking drivers online
  • Uninstalling and restarting (after this no camera appeared at all)
  • Almost all solutions on this forum
None of these have worked, and I am at a complete loss.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Windows 10 has another privacy setting to check as well, if you goto start - privacy there is a interface to show what apps have access to the camera

If you open the installed camera app, does this show in the list , or does the list have the 'disallpw use of the camera' option enabled?
  • Dehydrohalogenation
    Leostat said:
    Windows 10 has another privacy setting to check as well, if you goto start - privacy there is a interface to show what apps have access to the camera

If you open the installed camera app, does this show in the list , or does the list have the 'disallpw use of the camera' option enabled?
    This I've tried numerous times, to no avail. As far as my computer is concerned, it doesn't even have a camera. Opening the camera app gives me an error: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttatched>, and the only imaging devices are a bunch of scanners. This is what my device manager looks like.:
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Download the drivers for your model from Acer website and reinstall.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• NGZEUS
    NGZEUS Member Posts: 300 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    OPEN DEVICE MANAGER

RICHT CLICK YOUR CAMERA DRIVER AND SELECT UPDATE DRIVER

AND THEN RESTART YOUR LAPTOP

SOLUTION 2

Give your apps permission

If you recently updated Windows 10, you might need to give apps permission to use the camera. In newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera. 

To let your device access the camera, select Start , then select Settings  > Privacy  > Camera . In Allow access to the camera on this device, if Camera access for this device is turned off, select Change and turn on Camera access for this device. 

SOLUTION 3

DOWNLOAD LATEST DRIVERS FROM ACER WEBSITE

IF YOU THINK I HAVE ANSWER YOUR QUESTION PLEASE CLICK YES :)

• Dehydrohalogenation
    batmalin said:
    Download the drivers for your model from Acer website and reinstall.
    The issue is I can't find any camera drivers for my specific model. I've looked everywhere, the official website doesn't have any.
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Install the chipset driver and the serial I/O driver.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Leostat
    If you enable hidden devices in device manager does it show?
  • Dehydrohalogenation
    Leostat said:
    If you enable hidden devices in device manager does it show?
    Nope, doesn't show in legacy hardware either

batmalin said:
    Install the chipset driver and the serial I/O driver.
    Installed and form what I can tell no changes to anything, same thing as before they were installed
  • Leostat
    It could be a faulty unit / loose cable if its never been there im afraid :( 
  • Chazaz
    Chazaz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is this issue resolved yet? I have the exact same problem with Nitro 5. No drivers to be found in device manager, privacy settings OK etc. 
  • Chazaz said:
    Is this issue resolved yet? I have the exact same problem with Nitro 5. No drivers to be found in device manager, privacy settings OK etc. 
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicolegmizumoto
    nicolegmizumoto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Chazaz said:
    Me too! My model is AN515-55-59T4. My webcam driver is unrecognized and in my devices manager shows this:

• Chazaz said:
    Me too! My model is AN515-55-59T4. My webcam driver is unrecognized and in my devices manager shows this:

Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver that appears with an exclamation point?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Go_ing
    Go_ing Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem, tried the same things, my model is Nitro AN515-55. I do bet the wire is unplugged in the system but I don't have the technical knowhow to get in there and fix it. My question is, how could this get fixed? Is it possible to do this at home or should I take it to a computer store or does my laptop have warranty since I bought in within the year?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esnelling
    esnelling Member Posts: 3 New User

Same issue here since August 2022. I have reinstalled about half the drivers (inlcuding Chipset and I/O as suggested above) but the problem is that Acer doesn't tell you which one is supporting the webcam. Does anyone know?