Acer Swift 3 SF313-53 - Mouse connection lags via USB hub

lukinab
lukinab Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello,

I have a new Acer Swift SF313-53 computer. I encountered a problem connecting the mouse via USB hub (3.0). At work I have a USB hub to which I have other devices connected (mouse, keyboard, LAN adapter) and this hub is connected to my laptop. I ran into the problem of my mouse getting stuck on 1-2s most of the time after clicking. If I plug the mouse directly into a USB laptop, it works fine. I've tried other mice, and they all do it. Please ask my advice on where the problem might be if I should install a driver or set something up. This is very frustrating. The laptop has two USB ports, and the other I use to connect to another device, so I have no other port. Other laptops I've had no problem with this one. 

Thank you.

PS: Sorry to put you in the wrong category. I can no longer change it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I've asked the moderators to move you to the right place... Is there anything else plugged into the hub? Does the hub have external power? You may be trying to use more power than the port has available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lukinab
    I've tried 2 different USB hubs with only a mouse attached. Always with the same result. I continued to investigate the behavior and found that lags occur when I access data on the disk. Lags occur when the application is first started or in the file explorer, when I open folders with more files and folders for the first time.
  • billsey
    OK, what size drives did your Swift come with? What are you running for an antivirus program?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lukinab
    I have 512GB SSD (SF313-53-7102) and i use standard Windows antivirus (I tried to turn it off, but without success)
  • billsey
    So with a SSD the lags aren't typically caused by the system waiting for disk access, and Windows Defender is normally a pretty low impact antivirus. That gets rid of the two most common issues. Does the lag happen when the mouse is connected directly, or only when it has the hub in place?
  • lukinab
    Lags only occur when the mouse is connected via a USB hub. If I plug it in directly, it works fine. I wrote this in the original post. I've tried more mice, and they all behave the same. I also tried another USB 3 hub, but with the same result. If I use another laptop, everything works fine. I think there's a problem with the Acer laptop.

• billsey
    I can't imagine any way the issue wouldn't have been with the hub instead of with the laptop, but it's always possible I'm just not thinking of a way it could happen...