Reports of account compromise

Options
BeLIEve
BeLIEve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Many people - myself included - have received emails concerning new account creation and passwords being changed over the past week or so.

Does Acer have any insights as to why this is happening?  Should we be contacting law enforcement to report the issue?

Answers

• KB_Tidwell
    KB_Tidwell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I just came across your post while looking for a way to change my email address. I haven't been on here in a loooong time, and my registered email is no longer in use. First of all, have you gotten any information from Acer on your problem? And secondly, do you know how to change an email address for your account or know how in the world to get information from Acer? This is one of the most obtuse sites I've ever seen for finding information!
    Good luck with your issue and I hope your account hasn't been compromised. Have a great day and thanks for reading.
  • BeLIEve
    BeLIEve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    I have passed the situation along to law enforcement, as I have received no response as would be expected under any normal situation.

Things in the US are very touchy cyber-wise right now and this Acer's reaction isn't inspiring confidence.