Can't turn on wifi capabilities on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

JotaroKujo
JotaroKujo Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi I recently formatted my Acer Nitro 5 and seems like Wifi drivers shows up, it works according to device manager but I can't turn the wifi on. I checked for the solution on windows it told me to turn on wifi capabilities via switch or button but I tried fn f3 it doesn't work. I tried everything unistalling drivers and reinstalling nothing seems to work. Please someone help me on this issue

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN5xx-xx, in the meantime, go to Network and sharing centre and post the snip of Network connections like in my snip.
    Go to Settings at start, click Network &Internet, select Status in the left pane, click Network and sharing centre.

• JotaroKujo
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN5xx-xx, in the meantime, go to Network and sharing centre and post the snip of Network connections like in my snip.
    Go to Settings at start, click Network &Internet, select Status in the left pane, click Network and sharing centre.

Hi,

here is the screenshot please helpcree
  • JotaroKujo
    My laptop model is AN515-54
  • brummyfan2
    Right click WiFi and select "Enable".

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Check the whether the cables are properly connected and not touching any adjacent screws/metal section.
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    edited January 2021
    Remove the lan cable/samsung usb and try again.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• JotaroKujo
    well I have tried all
    the problem is the wifi is hard turned meaning it's turned off from the hardware. I didn't use LAN cable to access to the internet and had to use my phone for tethering in order to install the drivers but even without these the WIFI couldn't be turned on after new Windows installation
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Is the Airplane mode active?
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Have you used the F3 (or Fn-F3) to toggle the WiFi on and off?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GuyUnnamed
    GuyUnnamed Member Posts: 4 New User
    hi for atleast 2 years my wifi capabilities will not turn on i have tried everything on this thread ive hard reset the laptop reinstalled windows uninstalled drivers to update them manually ive gone through the power settings ive done the bios ive tried fn f3 which is airplane mode on and off is there a fix for this yet 
  • thomascheung424
    thomascheung424 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have the same problem as you
  • Klynn88
    Klynn88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same any fix yet? Also mine updated to windows 11 hooked up on an ethernet cord to router but no wireless signal showing at all 
  • Bro5435676
    Bro5435676 Member Posts: 1 New User

Not sure if you are still facing same issueor not, here's what happened with me

I have similar Acer nitro AN515 - 52, faced this issue after I had installed Linux Ubuntu, everything worked well for me on Linux & then I tried to rollback to windows & it never connected to network.

Nothing worked I have no idea why still, I had uninstalled all the drivers & even installed windows 10 yet it didn't work.

Finally went again with Linux & voila my problem is fixed. I am still riddled why this issue has happened & what was the cause

Hope this helps