An515-43 nitro 5 screen black. How to fix?

Jdm11590
Jdm11590 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I moved my laptop from one side of my desk to the other and the screen went black. I have tried all manner of attempts to get my screen working again but this does not seem to happen. I can power on, keyboard lights up and fans work but the screen is not backlit or responded to any keys pressed (F2 for bios, etc). There is no battery reset pinhole. No response to any keys/community tips I have seen. I have not removed backplate yet and laptop is still new enough to be under warranty but I want to fix this now. 
Please someone help. 

Answers

• Jdm11590

Tinkerer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Can you able to connect the laptop to an external display/TV with HDMI cable and check? Have you tried moving the panel to different positions to see whether there is any change.
  • Jdm11590

Tinkerer

Done both of those and still nothing
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Switch off the laptop, disconnect from Mains, press Power button for 12 Secs, leave the laptop to rest for few minutes, reconnect AC adapter and fully charge the battery before starting to use, if that doesn't help, I would suggest you get it fixed under warranty.
  • Jdm11590

Tinkerer

I have tried all of the above (except getting it fixed). When I press the power button, should something happen? When the power is on, it powers off after 3 seconds of holding the power button. When the power is off, I hold for 12 and nothing happens. 
  • Is the image displayed on an external hdmi monitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jdm11590

Tinkerer

No. I have got in contact with the company who sold it to me and they are going to fix it under warranty. However, they are going to factory reset it. How can I extract the data if I can’t see what I am doing?
  • The ideal is to disconnect the hard drive or ssd and connect it to another computer.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)