Acer aspire reinstall windows a515-54g

Options
Sonic70
Sonic70 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I am reinstalling windows on my a515-54g laptop as it will not boot into windows after doing a system restore, it also won't reset back to factory condition either.  So I am reinstalling windows from USB drive.  During the install its asking me where to install windows for which I attach image.  If I install windows where it is selected partition 3 should I format this partition first, otherwise I think it saves a copy of the old Windows installation.  Any help appreciated.
Victor

Best Answer

• Sonic70
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes I tried that and it wouldn't do that either.  I deleted all the partitions listed above and was left with one large drive and then proceeded.  Windows is now installed, I now have to install the drivers for this laptop downloaded from acer support.  Thanks for replying to my question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you try to use the erase-everything ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sonic70
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes I tried that and it wouldn't do that either.  I deleted all the partitions listed above and was left with one large drive and then proceeded.  Windows is now installed, I now have to install the drivers for this laptop downloaded from acer support.  Thanks for replying to my question.
  • JackE
    Options
    Good luck. You should probably only install ACER drivers that show red or yellow Device Manager warnings. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sonic70
    Options
    Thanks, in device manager there were no yellow or red warnings so looks like windows installed everything ok.  
  • JackE
    Options
    Yep. Agreed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.