The button on the back of my monitor is broken ACER VG270.

Options
reubenusher51
reubenusher51 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited January 2021 in Monitors
The small circular button on the back of my monitor is broken, so I cannot navigate through the menus on my monitor. This is really annoying because the monitor is set to mute and I would like to use the speakers. The small button has popped out and there is no way for me to use that button anymore. If there is a way to hard reset it, would that turn off the 'mute' function?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    What monitor do you have? How old is it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • reubenusher51
    Options
    billsey said:
    What monitor do you have? How old is it?
    I have an ACER VG270. It's not old at all and I wouldn'tt expect the button to break this easily.
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, are you talking about the joystick like button on the back? That is soldered to the control board so isn't available separately. The Acer part number for the board, with it's buttons, is: 55.TBTM3.003.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • reubenusher51
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, are you talking about the joystick like button on the back? That is soldered to the control board so isn't available separately. The Acer part number for the board, with it's buttons, is: 55.TBTM3.003.
    joystick button is broken. no way to repair it by the looks of it
  • reubenusher51
    Options
    billsey said:
    if possible i either need a software that can change my monitor from mute to unmute, or i need a way to hard reset my monitor to see if that will unmute it
  • Damagedgoods2008
    Damagedgoods2008 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    if you are any good with electronics and competent in soldering, changing the button shouldn't be a problem, just open it up and look to see what button is on the board and buy a replacement and solder it in, if you are not then i would suggest either looking for a replacement board or taking the monitor to a technician that can replace either the button or switch, if the unit is still under warranty then a broken button should be covered under that.  
  • reubenusher51
    Options
    if you are any good with electronics and competent in soldering, changing the button shouldn't be a problem, just open it up and look to see what button is on the board and buy a replacement and solder it in, if you are not then i would suggest either looking for a replacement board or taking the monitor to a technician that can replace either the button or switch, if the unit is still under warranty then a broken button should be covered under that.  
    i dont have a soldering iron and i dont intend on buying one to fix a small button. is there no way to hard reset the monitor without using the OSD?
  • billsey
    Options
    Disconnecting power then a long press of the power button might do it...