Fingerprint stop working and was not detected (sf314-510g

Reiyy
Reiyy Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited January 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I just bought a new acer swift 3x core I5 (sf314-510g) 2 days ago and it was working fine, but suddenly my fingerprint reader stop working, and windows hello cannot detect any fingerprint reader also the driver was not displayed on the device manager. i've tried reinstalling the driver from acer website but there is still no biometrics driver displayed on the device manager. can somebody please help me solve this problem?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Scroll down a bit in Device Manager so we can see which USB device is having an error. That's likely the internal connection between the fingerprint reader and the rest of the system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    First try to get Windows to update that driver, just right click on the device then select update from the menu. Let us know if that fixes it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alagusankar98
    alagusankar98 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2021
    I'm currently using Swift 314-510G. I too attest that I have the same problem as quoted by the above user.

I tried checking if there are any failed device errors in Device manager. But no, it doesn't show any failed hardware in the entire list for Device Manager.

I tried installing the drivers provided in the support page too but to no avail