Wifi but no ethernet Predator Orion 3000

Options
ShadowlickFWG
ShadowlickFWG Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Desktops
Bought my Predator Orion 3000 today and was happy as a child.
But soon that was just sad face on me due to the fact that i just have Wifi and no Ethernet, well i have bot wifi and ethernet in the computer, but just the wifi work.

It says: Unidentified network... no internet and something with no ip-configuration and from what i can read when i google there is and have been many more having this problem

wifi works great but sadly not ethernet that i want

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any chance the cable is bad? That usually is caused by no response from the DHCP server, which can be caused by a bad cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ShadowlickFWG
    ShadowlickFWG Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Nah, i have tested 2 old cables, one new and ofc the one that i started with, i have also tested to use another port on the broadband router and tested a cable that works with another pc
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Nah, i have tested 2 old cables, one new and ofc the one that i started with, i have also tested to use another port on the broadband router and tested a cable that works with another pc
    Use the "Network and Sharing Centre" and see Ethernet and see what the problem is? Then use the "Network troubleshooter" to see what the problem is? Or use these basic steps to diagnose your "Ethernet not working" to fix your problem(s). 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, in Network and Sharing Center if you click on that connection and go to the Details button it should show a connection with the same subnet as other devices on the network. If instead it's 169.x.x.x then the DHCP isn't giving a lease. Try check in the router at that point to make sure your pool of addresses isn't full. I Properties for that connection the IPv4 should be set to automatic and with the DNS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.