How to install OS after RAID0 rebuild Aspire S7-391

ScottDav
ScottDav Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have a old Aspire S7-391 Im trying to bring back to life so kids arent fighting for one laptop during Lockdown 3.0

The machine was upgraded to Win10 at the time and then the laptop used to hang every 5 mins.

After reading this forum found it was a Win update / RAID issue, set BIOS to legacy and sure enough RAID0 failed but I then foolishly went ahead and delete and rebuilt the RAID0 but of course no I have no local OS restore image to reinstall from - school boy error!

So on boot up I get no boot disk found

How can reintsall factory Aspire s7 Win 8 or WIn 10 without a local image or a CDrom drive/disk please?

Many, many thanks in advanced from my kids who are killing themselves!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    The BIOS must be set back to UEFI mode for a GPT partitioned drive. Legacy mode only recognizes an MBR partitioned drive. I suggest that you re-enter the BIOS to change back to UEFI mode and make sure the HDD or SSD is recognized in the BIOS Information tab. The SATA mode should also be set to AHCI mode if not already. Most folks don't need/want RAID as it only complicates the installation. Also make sure the F12 boot option menu is enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Then prepare a bootable Win10 installation USB stick using Microsoft's media creation tool. Insert the stick into a USB slot and turn the machine on. The installation menu should appear. If it refuses to install, then we'll probably have to convert the SSD back to GPT partitioning if it was somehow converted to MBR partitioning in legacy mode. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ScottDav
    ScottDav Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks JAck, yes I had swapped back to UEFI mode already and getting bootable disk so will go though this thoroughly and see, thans so much for investing time to help mate