Keyboard Issues on Predator Helios 300 PH315-53.

Nitin_
Nitin_ Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello there
I have purchased Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 in October 2020 and I'm too facing keyboard issues. The keys wouldn't register on the windows search menu neither the settings menu, however I have no problem with MS-word or writing emails or even searching on Google i.e. keyboard is typing fine when I'm writing a email or googling something but the keyboard isn't typing on the windows search menu or settings menu. I have bios version 1.08.

Answers

• deepanshuc
    deepanshuc Member Posts: 20 Networker
    As you mentioned the issue occurs only with the windows services that's why I would suggest you reset your laptop to factory default.
    Steps for Resetting the laptop:-
    1. Go to search and type reset this pc and then open reset this pc. It will open the recovery settings.
    2. Now click on get started and select remove everything. Don't fear it will not remove the data of other drives, but it will wipe the data of windows drive which includes the desktop, downloads, pictures, and documents so make sure to take a backup if you have something important on them.
    3. Now The additional settings on the next screen should look like this:
    4. Now click next. This will initiate the reset which will take a while.
    4. Now after the reinstallation completes complete all windows updates(except optional updates) and Microsoft stores updates.
    6. After this go to search and type "clean" and then open "disk cleanup" as 
    run as administrator.
    5. Then select the "C" drive(the drive where windows are installed) and click ok.
    6. Now select every checkbox and click ok.
    7. Now restart the pc.

I hope these steps help you fix the issue.
  • Nitin_
    Nitin_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    As you mentioned the issue occurs only with the windows services that's why I would suggest you reset your laptop to factory default.
    Steps for Resetting the laptop:-
    1. Go to search and type reset this pc and then open reset this pc. It will open the recovery settings.
    2. Now click on get started and select remove everything. Don't fear it will not remove the data of other drives, but it will wipe the data of windows drive which includes the desktop, downloads, pictures, and documents so make sure to take a backup if you have something important on them.
    3. Now The additional settings on the next screen should look like this:
    4. Now click next. This will initiate the reset which will take a while.
    4. Now after the reinstallation completes complete all windows updates(except optional updates) and Microsoft stores updates.
    6. After this go to search and type "clean" and then open "disk cleanup" as run as administrator.
    5. Then select the "C" drive(the drive where windows are installed) and click ok.
    6. Now select every checkbox and click ok.
    7. Now restart the pc.

I hope these steps help you fix the issue.
    Hey, I did reset the laptop (twice) and cleaned my C drive and the issue got fixed for an hour or so and unfortunately it popped up again and the same problem persists. In addition I updated the keyboard drivers, tried uninstalling and installing them again but none of it seems to work.
  • falintothesun
    falintothesun Member Posts: 10 New User
    Any other suggestions? I am having an issue where a key press is not registered unless I press hard enough and basically straight up and down.