Some keys of Acer Predator G3-572 not working

Options
PritishPoswal
PritishPoswal Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, I am from India, I bought my Acer predator 3 years ago.It was working well but suddenly some of the keys of the laptop have stopped working.These are v,b,space,down arrow,right arrow,2,3,p,t,num lock and 2-3 other keys .While all other keys are working flawlessly
I have checked all the possible software aspects like the driver, sticky keys, software and all but the problems are still present.
In my city there is no Acer Service centre it is 150 KM away. When I called them they said whole palm rest/top will be changed and it will take at least 15-20 days to get it and I have to pay for it in advance .
So my questions are 
1.Is the keyboard faulty or is it some other issue 
2.Are they correct that only keyboard can't be replaced 
3.Approximately what is the cost of the new keyboard/palm rest . The service centre guy will tell it in 2-3 days after confirming so just wanted to know a rough idea .
4.Did anyone faced a similar issue, if yes please share your experience.

Actually, this was my first Acer laptop and I am shocked that is having problems in keyboard in only 3 years.I have a 12-year-old HP Laptop and still, it's original keyboard works fine.I only faced battery issues in 2 years in that.

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For 1 and 4 its hard to say. It sounds like a fault but its odd that its keys are all grouped up together, is there anything spilt in the tray?

For 2, it is correct, you need to replace the top plate to replace the laptop sadly, its not possible to just replace that for some reason. As for 3 the cost, each area and laptop can be a differnt price. I would expect it to be between £80 and £200 in the UK, or around 7000₹ to 24000₹ if the price is like for like region to region (however this is a guess as each region has different pricing). 

If its deemed out of warranty, there will also be a fee for the repair, which in the UK is £50

Answers

• PritishPoswal
    Options
    anyone to help here ?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For 1 and 4 its hard to say. It sounds like a fault but its odd that its keys are all grouped up together, is there anything spilt in the tray?

For 2, it is correct, you need to replace the top plate to replace the laptop sadly, its not possible to just replace that for some reason. As for 3 the cost, each area and laptop can be a differnt price. I would expect it to be between £80 and £200 in the UK, or around 7000₹ to 24000₹ if the price is like for like region to region (however this is a guess as each region has different pricing). 

If its deemed out of warranty, there will also be a fee for the repair, which in the UK is £50
  • PritishPoswal
    Options
    Leostat said:

Thanks for your answer ,
    No there is no spilt on the keyboard tray ,could it be a problem of loose cable .
    Thanks for clarification about 2 .
    For the cost in 3 i got different quotes from different service centres one said 7500 ₹ including the fee for repair ,the other one said 9500 ₹ inlcuding the fee for repair while the third one said 8500 ₹.But everyone has asked for a waiting period of 20 days so probably i have to wait now .Sadly it is out of warranty.
    But is a surprise that keyboard of such a premium laptop is disfunctional in just 3 years while 12 years old hp laptop has keyboard working still fine.

• PritishPoswal
    Options
    So I thought of going with the nearby city (7500₹ one )one But when I asked about account details for transfer he gave his personal account no instead of service centre's account no ,plus he said we will take my old keyboard and keep it with him.
    Now I am feeling suspicious about the nearby city service centre like why are they quoting it cheaper and taking a larger waiting time.The other two later enquired and found the waiting time to be 5-7 days .According to you are they(₹7500 one) doing some scam/fraud with me .What could be the reason for difference in price and waiting time.
    Both of them said that the complete palmtop including keyboard will be replaced .
    Plus - All the conversations happened on The phone no of service centres provided by acer customer care .
  • NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Different machines but possibly same problem as mine.