Realtek 6.0.9054.1 Driver Issue (PH315-53)

Options
Dukes
Dukes Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I just purchased a 2020 Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop (PH315-53) and am having a sound problem.
First thing I did was complete all the necessary Windows 10 updates, everything works great except for the sound.
After all the Windows 10 updates were done, I lost all sound on both the laptop speakers and aux headphones even though Windows registers these both the speakers/headphones and shows no problems.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9054.1 is the driver that was installed as part of the update.
I reverted back to 6.0.8981.1 found on the Acer software section, and lone behold, that resolved the issue, sound is restored.

Does anyone know how to stop Windows from updating the driver?
Is anyone having a similar problem?

Answers

• deepanshuc
    deepanshuc Member Posts: 20 Networker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    As you can see in the attached snip that I'm using audio driver version 6.0.9054.1 and for your information, I'm not facing any issues with it.

So, I suggest you follow any of the two methods below to fix your issue:-

1. Reset your laptop to factory default and then complete all windows and store updates (Use this method if you have not done a fresh windows installation)
    • Go to search and type reset this pc and then open reset this pc. It will open the recovery settings.
    • Now click on get started and select remove everything. Don't fear it will not remove the data of other drives, but it will wipe the data of windows drive which includes the desktop, downloads, pictures, and documents so make sure to take a backup if you have something important on them.
    • Now The additional settings on the next screen should look like this:
    • Now click next. This will initiate the reset which will take a while.
    • Now after the reinstallation completes complete all windows updates(except optional updates) and Microsoft stores updates.
    • After this go to search and type "clean" and then open "disk cleanup" as run as administrator.
    • Then select the "C" drive(the drive where windows are installed) and click ok.
    • Now select every checkbox and click ok.
    • Now restart the pc.
    2. Do a fresh installation of windows using this post and then follow this post to get DTS X Ultra back.