A little help pls? Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Bluetooth disappeared

JJSCAN
JJSCAN Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello, as stated my Bluetooth stopped working, and has disappeared completely from device manager etc. I updated the driver from the acer site, updated windows, rebooted, nothing. it's as if it doesn't see the hardware. Ran the bluetooth diagnostic and it cant even see that the laptop is equipped with it. Of course, a month out of warranty QQ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection was turned on in the box that pops up, click SystemRestore button. Click next. Choose an automatic restore point with a date/time stamp just before BT disappeared. If it fixes the issue you'll have to temporarily block the update from re-installing using Microsoft's update hide tool. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JJSCAN
    Thank you JackE, I only seen 1 restore point, it was only from a couple days ago, possibly after the Bluetooth stopped working. I tried it anyway, no luck. Still no bluetooth radio detected. It's like it's disappeared off the the motherboard. no trouble shooters will detect that there ever a radio installed on this device. I'm kinda bummed that what I thought was a great laptop is on it's way to become a paperweight after 13 months. Happy to try anything else, is there service that needs to be restarted

• JackE
    What do you see in settings when you search 'bluetooth' in the Windows start menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JJSCAN
    "bluetooth and other device settings" in system setting wants to launch...

• JackE
    Could you post a screenshot? The BT setting usually has more info. Also an on-off button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JJSCAN
    I will post a screen shot, it does have some settings but as soon as you try to action anything, after a min it says that bluetooth has not been detected on the computer,  and to run the bluetooth troubleshooter
  • JJSCAN
    the on/off software button disappeared when the bluetooth did
  • JackE
    Try this. Shut the machine off. Remove the charger. Insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 60 seconds while pressing and holding the power button at the same time. Then plug the charger back in. Don't try to turn it on right way. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. Then turn it on.

If still no joy, about the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is to back up your personal files and try to do a full erase everything ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ