Im trying to upgrade the RAM in my Aspire 5 A515-43 Slim.

cooper890
cooper890 Member Posts: 3 New User
Im trying to decide on what to do. I want to go from the standard 4 gigs to 8 or 16 but im not sure which is best to do with this laptop. I know what cards to get im just not sure how much gigs i should get for it cause i dont know what this thing can handle 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should have two removable DDR4 2666MHz or higher compatible sockets that support dual channel max of 32GB with two 16GB sodimms. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You should have two removable DDR4 2666MHz or higher compatible sockets that support dual channel max of 32GB with two 16GB sodimms. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cooper890
    So basically it'll run fine with 8 or 16. Got it. Quick follow up question. I noticed it has a spot for an extra hard drive. Got any recommendations?
  • JackE
    If it's a 2.5" spot, you should use a 7mm thick SATA3 HDD or SSD if you use brackets. A free bracket kit might or might not be available on request at this link.  I never use brackets inside laptops. Only antistat foam to immobilize and protect the drive inside. It's already crowded enough inside than to add more needless brackets and screws. You should be able to add up to 2TB HDD or SSD without issues. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• cooper890
    thank you!