My Acer Swift 3 cannot connect to Wifi due to "intel(r) wifi 6 ax201 160mhz driver code 10"

Pramodya
Pramodya Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

It's been a couple of days since my network adaptor is not working in the Acer Swift 3. I have uninstalled and installed it several times using Acer drivers but still, nothing is working for me.
It's the same issue mentioned here. Reposting due to no answer is given.

Answers

• Pramodya

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    @MaClane
    @billsey
    Can you guys help me.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Can you get into the UEFI? (Advanced start up, boot into bios or spam f2 f11 f12 and del when booting) 

Take a note of the setting in the pages so if anything changes it can be changed back,

Then once you have took notes, try a factory reset of the UEFI, and then setting the clock if it's skewed wrong
  • Pramodya

Tinkerer

@Leostat
    Can you pls explain this a bit?
    Can you get into the UEFI? (Advanced start up, boot into bios or spam f2 f11 f12 and del when booting) 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Sure, so when you start the laptop there is a pre boot environment, called the UEFI (it used to be the bios). This controls the lower level functions of your machine 

To get into that it's usually press either f2, f11, f12 or del staright after you boot the laptop, as it doesn't matter to how many times you press it if you just press them 100's of times it usually drops you into it

Or you can use windows to get into the UEFI
  • Can you provide the exact model? Example SF315-52-58VH. What happens when you update drivers on the intel website? Have you tried to reset the battery? Have you verified that the wireless network card and auxiliary and main cables are correctly connected to the wireless network card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leere
    Leere Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello there. had the same problem since ~20th of december or something. SF314-58-30BG. Virus-free, drivers deleted,updated(intel), battery reset done too, tried several fixes from the net, connection to motherboard is stable(checked). What's left is to use bootcd and try to see what can be done.
  • Pramodya

Tinkerer

Leere said:
    Hello there. had the same problem since ~20th of december or something. SF314-58-30BG. Virus-free, drivers deleted,updated(intel), battery reset done too, tried several fixes from the net, connection to motherboard is stable(checked). What's left is to use bootcd and try to see what can be done.
    I'm also still unable to use my machine. Really frustrated.
  • It is possible that the wireless network card is not perfectly connected to the main board. I would also check the main and auxiliary cables.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leere
    edited January 2021
    It is possible that the wireless network card is not perfectly connected to the main board. I would also check the main and auxiliary cables.
    I'll refrain from sarcastic remark here, but must point that it is not a solution. Sadly I have rl issues at the moment and cannot make an update about situation. How is ig going on your end OP?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Several people have had some success by rolling back the drivers, seems Intel might have broken connection to some routers with their latest updates.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leere
    edited February 2021
    Okay, problem not solved, but let me at least summarize what have i done to the future seekers, as it may help them.
    ffffffffff> reboot. It really can help.
    0>Battery reset. Turn your pc upside down and find baatery pic with a hole. Poke hole.
    1> Clear install of the driver. Delete adapter and flag delete associated driver. Download basic driver from https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/drivers . Install and reboot. 
    2>Clean windows test. Download bootcd(not a promo, it's free too) https://www.hirensbootcd.org/usb-booting/ , follow instructions there to create boot device. Stab your new apparatus inside the patient and press f12 while it is booting. Choose boot device. If you cannot - f2 and unlock booting from external devices. At least you do not need to reinstall windows!
    3>Disassemble your pc, find adapter(it is easy, it's written on it). Eject it and clear contacts, insert, eject, insert, eject... continue until you think it's all clear on the inside too. Be careful about static electricy. 
    I probably made some typos, but I hope you will forgive me ^_^

PS - If someone have constructive ideas i'll gladly listen as i still not dumped it to acer care center.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    Be aware that your link to the drivers is Romanian specific. Users from other countries should get the appropriate ones for their locale. Also Hiren's hasn't been updated in several years, though at least now they do support booting in a UEFI environment. @Leere it's always possible your AX201 card is bad. Best to contact support if that's the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Pramodya said:
    I'm also still unable to use my machine. Really frustrated.
    You quite likely have a driver issue. Note that using Device Manager does not find the latest driver. Intel has recently (23 Feb 2021) released updated drivers for a number of models including the AX201 here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/130293/Intel-Wi-Fi-6-AX201-Gig-
    You want the 3rd package listed that says:
    "Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters
    This download record installs the Windows® 10 WiFi package drivers 22.30.0 for the AX210/AX200/9000/8000 series Intel® Wireless Adapters."
    Download & run the installation package & it will replace your current driver for the AX201 with the latest version.
    In my case, it updated my driver as follows:
    Previous version: Netwtw08.sys ver 21.80.2.1 dated 5.03.2020
    Updated version: Netwtw10.sys ver 22.30.0.11 dated 25.01.2021

After the update, it fixed the problem I had with my wi-fi intermittently disconnecting. Hopefully it will fix your Error 10 problem.