Why sound only works with headphones on?...Acer Nitro 5

Options
Joegr4
Joegr4 Member Posts: 3 New User
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.. and if they were able to fix it.... I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and the only time i can hear sound is when i have headphones plugged in.. is there a fix to this, so i can hear sound without them

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you right click on the speaker icon at bottom right and choose Open Sound Settings, what does it display for the Output Device?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joegr4
    Options
    it does say Speakers

• billsey
    Options
    So they should be working... Is the volume level for the speakers set to mute or very low?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joegr4
    Options
    sooo..i tried a troubleshoot again... I do have sound now coming from the speakers...But the issue I have now is, is when plug in headphones...I have to go back into the settings to select headphones....yeah its a small issue, but i was hoping to fix everything
  • billsey
    Options
    IIRC there's a check mark you can set when the headphones are first plugged in to use it always or never at plugin. Check in Sound Settings to see if that can be set back.