It looks white on the laptop, but nothing on the monitor
  • Juan2887
    Juan2887 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    This is the white screen that I say
  • KHALILOV
    KHALILOV Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Juan2887 said:
    One more thing, recently when I turn on the laptop the screen looks white or black and the image is not showing, then I turn it off and turn it on again and then I can see the image. I say this in case this can give more information about the problem
    Hi every body.
    i confirm this.
    i got the same problem with my Acer 5930G-583G32Mn
    cpu: intel core2Duo processor T5800 (2.0GHz)
    3Gb ram updated to 4Gb as follow:
    2Gb 2R*8 PC2-5300S-555-12E3
    2Gb 2R*8 PC2-5300S-555-13F1.667
    I bought the laptop in 2008
    I got the key board and the screen broken.
    So I switched to Hp 8th gen and forgot the Acer for about 6 years. until the near about the date of the current subject as if we were in a date.
    i was thinking about recycling the old Acer in all in one PC project. so i succeed to restart it on a tv screen. but it boots only on French win7(édition intégrale) in stead of win_vista ( and don't remember when the heel i installed it)
    But My joy was short-lived: i discover that the start was in a one-off infinite loop about two minutes apart.
    But when it boot in safe mode, it goes perfect, working for all day and night.
    So i tell my self probably it's a windows problem. or an incompatibility driver.
    I run ms-config and choose runing in diagnose mode. but nothing can stop the loop, but the safe mode.
    So I decided to update for win10. entring the bios to boot order, i discovered that it was locked with a supervisor Password.
    I fix it. and got the hard disk formatted, the MBR reconstituted. the win_pen_drive ready....
    And the same issue as you Mr Juan2887.
    but am going for Bios update no matter what will happen.
    I got the Bios version:
    system BD/BIOS: 2B/V1.20.
    THANK TO ALL OF YOU.
    MY BEST REGARDS.
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

By the way, I suspect the processor's Parity of main buses: Main bus parity checks for errors for data sent on the main bus.
    i think that is the cause of the sudden shut down. But I do not have an other processor to do test. 
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

Also it can be a problem of virtualization technology not supported by the processor.
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

try to install those updates for the CPU:
    downloadcenter.intel.com/product/35581/Intel-Core-2-Duo-Processor-T5800-2M-Cache-2-00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB-
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Press the FN+F5 toggle key combination to try to turn the TV screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    KHALILOV said:
    Juan2887 said:
    One more thing, recently when I turn on the laptop the screen looks white or black and the image is not showing, then I turn it off and turn it on again and then I can see the image. I say this in case this can give more information about the problem
    Hi every body.
    i confirm this.
    So I switched to Hp 8th gen and forgot the Acer for about 6 years. until the near about the date of the current subject as if we were in a date.
    i was thinking about recycling the old Acer in all in one PC project. so i succeed to restart it on a tv screen. but it boots only on French win7(édition intégrale) in stead of win_vista ( and don't remember when the heel i installed it)
    But My joy was short-lived: i discover that the start was in a one-off infinite loop about two minutes apart.
    So i tell my self probably it's a windows problem. or an incompatibility driver.
    I run ms-config and choose runing in diagnose mode. but nothing can stop the loop, but the safe mode.
    So I decided to update for win10. entring the bios to boot order, i discovered that it was locked with a supervisor Password.
    I fix it. and got the hard disk formatted, the MBR reconstituted. the win_pen_drive ready....
    I got the Bios version:
    THANK TO ALL OF YOU.
    MY BEST REGARDS.
    so if i could install win 7 and boot in safe mode, would it work ???
  • Juan2887
    JackE said:
    Press the FN+F5 toggle key combination to try to turn the TV screen on. Jack E/NJ
    it has not worked
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

Juan2887 said:
    KHALILOV said:
    Juan2887 said:
    Hi every body.
    i confirm this.
    I got the Bios version:
    THANK TO ALL OF YOU.
    MY BEST REGARDS.
    so if i could install win 7 and boot in safe mode, would it work ???
    yes brother for sure. but the problem is that can the installation be completed as it shuts down suddenly????
    you may give a try.
    i've been Up for 36 hours till now. i got to have some sleep and rest. And tonight I will procced with the dvd_rom backup
    I still have. it will be perfect if i can go back to its original vista. i do have it. if it works I will share it with you.
  • JackE
    Will Win10 safe mode run? If yes, open DeviceManager and click on display adapter folder. What do you see? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    JackE said:
    Will Win10 safe mode run? If yes, open DeviceManager and click on display adapter folder. What do you see? Jack E/NJ
    I cannot complete the installation, I am trying to install it from the disk of my main pc and then put it on the laptop
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

look at this photos
    I found  the first cluster on the disk damaged.
    do a scan surface with easeUs partition master.
    the second photo is dvds of the original dvds that comes with the laptop.top
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

the laptop shuts down just when the setup window wants to show up.
    the second video shows the win7 version i deleted. 
  • Juan2887
    The same thing happens to mine, just when the installation is going to start, it turns off
  • JackE
    Go back into the BIOS Main tab. What SATA mode options are available? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    JackE said:
    Go back into the BIOS Main tab. What SATA mode options are available? Jack E/NJ
    There are these two options, IDE and AHCI
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

it doesn't mater. cause i got AHCI.
    the scan surface doesn't achieve its end, it stucks at 96.78%
    i csaned two times with the same issue.
  • KHALILOV

Tinkerer

i found this. Google it. I hope it will be helpfull.
    acerrepairblog.us/aspire-5930-5930z-5730z/bios-recovery-by-crisis-disk.html
  • JackE
    Set and save the BIOS SATA mode to AHCI and try it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ