Acer Aspire 5930g boot loop

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Do you have a bootable USB stick made with Microsoft's media creation tool? If not, make one. Then change your boot order in the BIOS Boot tab so that the USB HDD is first in the boot order, the Hitachi second in the boot order, the USB CDROM should come after the DVD/CD. Then try to boot from the bootable USB stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Juan2887 said:
    Hello again.
    Last week, I received the battery, I installed it, I waite for the battery indicator of the laptop turn green, and, later, i start the laptop. unfortunately the same thing kept happening and the battery didn't fix anything. Any other idea???
    Thank you and sorry for writing so late

The Aspire 5930G can take a max memory of 4GB DDR2 SDRAM SO-DIMM 200-pin into its 2x slots and can also take an SSD hard drive of a SATA 2 - 3GB/s. Also, if you are having the same problems with a new battery then it must be your spinner HDD which is faulty and/or damaged, especially how old it is and the symptoms that its showing. Get a new hard drive (preferably an SSD 2.5” SATA 2 - 3GB/sec) and also do a clean install of Win-10. Also check your memory, if its not faulty and/or damaged as their slots could be also corroded and/or the ram stick(s) could be faulty? Also, make sure that you are running the last bios v1.23 dated 2008/12/08 (always make sure that you are aware that: upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution) also download the latest graphics driver for the GeForce 9600M GT which is the Geforce 342.01 driver for Windows 10 64-bit.

If you want to persist with this old laptop? That could cost about US $150.00 total to upgrade to a better hard drive like a SATA-2 SSD 2.5” and change the memory to its max 4096 MB-PC-5300 (333 MHz) into its 2x slots and i would upgrade its OEM PXXXX Socket P type cpu to the most suitable and highest spec cpu for the 5930G’s Intel PM45 chipset, which is the Core 2 Duo P9700 that has 2 cores / 2 threads / 2.8 GHz Frequency / FSB of 1066 MHz / L2 Cache 6MB / TPD 28W type cpu, as all these upgrades will make this laptop a more workable/suitable platform especially for todays Win-10. 

• Juan2887
    Juan2887 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    I have already tried with a usb with windows10, but the same thing happens, I don't even get to load the welcome screen of the installer.  The disk you have installed is not the original, I put it a few months ago in case the original was damaged (the new disk, if that works well)
  • JackE
    You must tap F12 immediately after turning on the machine to select the bootable Windows installation USB stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    Yes, I already did, but nothing
  • JackE
    Try another USB port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    none of the ports have worked
  • JackE
    Something's wrong with your bootable USB stick if your machine can't see it. Test it on another machine. Make sure you start tapping the F12 key immediately after turning on the machine. Don't wait for the ACER logo to appear because by then it's too late to tap F12. Make sure the F12 boot option is still enabled in your BIOS Main tab. I suggest that you make a new bootable stick using another stick via Microsoft's media creation tool. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    The USB with windows works correctly and the laptop recognizes it, but when the Windows installation program starts, the computer shuts down and 1 second later, it starts again and the acer logo appears again.
  • JackE
    Instead of trying to install Windows, click on the advanced  menu. Try to get to the command prompt  X : > \ . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It is quite possible you have a bad flash drive, so when it tries to start loading the installer it crashes. Try a different one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Juan2887
    the flash drive is fine, I have tested it on my other computer. It is not that the installer crashes, it is as if the computer suddenly lost power for a second, and then rebooted and so on. in fact, you can hear how the disk stops working and then reboots
  • JackE
    Instead of trying to install Windows, click on the advanced  menu. Try to get to the command prompt  X : > \ . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    Where do I have to enter?
  • Juan2887
    Could the problem have been caused by a virus affecting the MBR or the BIOS / UEFI?
  • JackE
    This is legacy BIOS laptop only (Not a UEFI bootstrapper). It will only boot from an MBR partitioned HDD or SSD. So try this. Select 'safe mode with command prompt'

This should give you the  X : \ > command prompt.  At X : \ > command prompt, enter following commands sequentially.

Diskpart   (this should give DISKPART> prompt. At DISKPART> prompt enter following commands. Post phone photo of results if possible)
    List Disk
    List Volume

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Juan2887
    here are the photos of DISKPART 
    Sorry, is in spanish.
  • Juan2887
    And the Disk List and Disk Part commands
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Now from that same prompt exit diskpart (quit is the command, IIRC) and do a "dir C:".
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Juan2887
    Here is the "C: directory"